Our pellet mills are available also with twin motors
- The variable-pitch feeder is driven by a continuous variable speed hydraulic gear motor
- The whole body of the screw feeder in contact with the feed and the screw feeder shaft are made in stainless steel.
- The conditioner is driven by its own motor
- The conditioner is entirely stainless steel made included shafts and paddles. To obtein the best results from the addition of steam, the paddles of the conditioner shaft are easily adjustable.
Pellet mill Bloc:
- Door: the machine door is entirely stainless steel-made with two knife assemblies
- Magnet: a permanet magnet is fitted in the chute to avoid ferrous metal entering the die
- Overload flap: on the feed conveyor there is a overload flap
- Die holder: die holder is made in forging steel and it has a wear ring. Die holder front base is stainless steel lined to guarantee longer life
- Basament: the pellet mill is built up on an heavy cast iron base that guarantee the absence from vibration
- Main shaft: the front of the shaft is chromed plate for prevent against corrosion
- Drive: the pellet mill is driven by an electric motor via a V-belt transmittion. Belts type 5V guarantee the transmition of the motor power with a security factor equal than 1.7
- Shear pin: to protect the pelleting chamber, a shear pin is installed on the rear of the machine
- Lubrication: greazing can be made by the rear of the pellet mill, through the main shaft. In this way the machine can be lubricated without stop the motor.
WAP remote rollers gap adjustment
The rollers are regulated with a hydraulic piston operated by a hydraulic unit outside the machine but controlled from the control panel.
The position of the rollers is calculated with an angular potentiometer, installed behind the rollers (inside the main shaft). This potentiometer signals the angular position of the roller pins. The electrical panel controlling the entire system can calculate the distance between the rollers and the die through the signal picked up from the potentiometer.
At the electronic panel, the operator chooses the roller position. The panel pressurizes the hydraulic circuit and moves the piston until the rollers reach the desired position.
When the piston has positioned the roller at the distance from the die set by the operator, the circuit is automatically locked by two valves, keeping the rollers in this position.
The circuit can achieve a maximum pressure of 250 bar.
The pressure required to move the piston, and thus regulate the rollers, is approximately 150 bar.
Position can be regulated quite rapidly: the roller can be brought 7-8 mm closer to or moved 7-8 mm away from the die in approximately 15 seconds.
For more information look at the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHHxJiZ0AQ
RAPID BLOC quick device for change dies
This device makes it possible to replace the die in 10-20 minutes (depending on the size of the die). The system includes a stainless steel conical ring which is closed and held in place by a series of Belleville washer packs. This ring locks the die in place. The die is released by pressurizing a hydraulic circuit which presses on the washers and releases the elastic ring.
For more information look at the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1FuFMsKUII
Hydraulic push-off device for dies
It is composed by a manual pump and a piston used to facilitate the removal of the die.
The piston is positioned between the rotor and the reinforcing flange so as to push out the die from its seat.
Automatic lubrication system
This system includes a pump for high viscosity grease.
It has a paddle system to break up air bubbles. The system is connected to the press through a rotary distributor applied directly on the mill shaft.
Lubrication is controlled by an electric panel, included in the supply. This panel makes it possible to meter out the amount of grease required. This is done using two timers which enable you to regulate the lubrication and pause times
The group of lubrication has an electric pump with the following specifications:
● Flow rate adjustable from 2.9 to 17 cc / min.
● 0,185 kW motor 400V50Hz
● Reservoir of 10 kg made in mild steel
● Pressure relief valve
● Minimum grease level
● Progressive Dispenser for the distribution of grease on 2 points,
● Inductive sensor PNP for the control of the cycle
● Check valves from 1/8 output
Thermal insulation of conditioner
Very useful in cold weather or in places with high temperature swings between day and night. It prevents the formation of condensation and avoid the formation of scabs into the conditioner.
Heating of conditioner by mean of oil
To improve the meal conditioning at higher temperatures, La Meccanica's conditioner unit can be equipped with an external heating which uses low pressure steam to heat the thermal oil. It is also lined with an insulating material to enhance thermal efficiency and prevent condensation.
This system has considerable advantages compared to traditional steam heating:
● It has a considerable thermal inertia
● It is possible to use higher temperatures
● The temperature distribution is uniform over the entire length of the machine
In the traditional steam heating, there is the risk of breakages and therefore the escape of steam from the outer sleeve due to the internal pressure
Heating of the main door
The electrical heating of the main door prevents the formation of scabs.
Emergency level probe for front conveyor
Especially in the case of formulas containing fat or oil, the pellet press machine is often subject to so-called "wet clogging."
The "wet clogging" is when the die starts to slide and to reject the product without overloading the motor: the only noticeable thing is a strong oscillation of the ammeter. In a few seconds you have the clogging in the die chamber and in the front conveyor.
In this case La Meccanica's level indicator reports the anomaly and ensures that the pellet press can be stopped without serious consequences.
Front bypass for meal
For some production lines, it is requested the possibility to bypass the pellet mill, sending the meal directly to the cooler. For this reason, La Meccanica's presses can be equipped with a bypass, controlled by a pneumatic piston, installed in the front conveyor.
Automatic cleaning of the temperature probe
The temperature probe is progressively covered by fouling by wet flours which can lengthen the time of reading, and then the reaction. This affects the efficiency of the control system of the process that is based on the temperature reading. La Meccanica's automatic cleaning system solves this problem:
this mechanical device allows to clean automatically the temperature probe by removing the material accumulated on it and which delays the reading of the temperature
IFM electronic control belts slip
This is an electronic device that shut down the motor whenever the belts slip, thus preventing belts damage.
Device for die’s slow rotation
This device is a great help in changing large size dies.
Motorized knives control
On request we can supply the knives motorized for adjust the pellet length by mean of a remote control
The manual winch is an alternative to the hydraulic hoist. Upon request, the pellet press can be equipped with a manual winch and special anchoring brackets to facilitate hoisting of the rollers and dies.
Hydraulic hoist for rollers and dies
The easy-to-handle La Meccanica hydraulic carriage is equipped with special hooking devices designed to facilitate movement of the rollers and dies, particularly during installation and removal.
This hoist makes it possible to move the dies within the work area easily and safely.
Lamec Control System LCS 2000 FV
The Lamec Control System LCS FV 2000 is an electrical panel with a Siemens PLC which controls the automatic operation of the pellet mill producing two adjusting loops .
The first loop regulates the flow rate of the screw feeder related to the absorption of the main motor. In particular, the system controls the speed of rotation of the screw and it acts on the frequency converter.
The second ring regulates the flow of steam added in the conditioner according to the temperature conditioning of the meal by opening or closing the motorized steam valve .
The control panel is equipped with a display and a keyboard for data entry work.
The system is particularly simple and does not require specialized personnel.
The system allows to automatically start the press and gradually reach the set value of the absorption of the main motor.
Simultaneously, the motorized steam valve is opened and adjusted so as to allow the placing of the steam up to the conditioning temperature request.
In case of emergency, the system operates on the emergency conveyor door in order to overcome possible overload situations. Simultaneously, the feed flow rate is reduced as well the steam. As soon as the pellet press machine overcomes the risk of overload, the flow rate of the feed screw is gradually increased to reach the predefined motor load.
At the end of the process the device gradually reduces the speed of the feed screw and progressively closes the steam valve down to stop the system.
The system includes:
● Electronic control panel for LCS PV complete with PLC Siemens Series 7
● Level indicator propeller CAM LOGIC
● Detector of turns
● Temperature sensor PT 100
● Probe holder
● Valves for modulating steam control
ON-OFF valve for regulating steam
A “Compact” version is available for all La Meccanica's models, significantly reducing the amount of space required by the machine. These compact models can resolve the space problems of some feed production facilities.
Our objective is to supply all our customers a pellet press machine that best meets their needs. For this reason, all our models can be customized: the customer can choose the position of the motor,how the hatch has to be opened, the size and volume of the conditioners, the size of the feed screw, colour, etc.