- The variable-pitch feeder is driven by a continuous variable speed hydraulic gear motor
- The whole body of the screw feeder in contact with the feed and the screw feeder shaft are made in stainless steel.
- The conditioner is driven by its own motor
- The conditioner is entirely stainless steel made included shafts and paddles. To obtein the best results from the addition of steam, the paddles of the conditioner shaft are easily adjustable.
Pellet mill Bloc:
- Door: the machine door is entirely stainless steel-made with two knife assemblies
- Magnet: a permanet magnet is fitted in the chute to avoid ferrous metal entering the die
- Overload flap: on the feed conveyor there is a overload flap
- Die holder: die holder is made in forging steel and it has a wear ring. Die holder front base is stainless steel lined to guarantee longer life
- Basament: the pellet mill is built up on an heavy cast iron base that guarantee the absence from vibration
- Main shaft: the front of the shaft is chromed plate for prevent against corrosion
- Drive: the pellet mill is driven by an electric motor via a V-belt transmittion. Belts type 5V guarantee the transmition of the motor power with a security factor equal than 1.7
- Shear pin: to protect the pelleting chamber, a shear pin is installed on the rear of the machine
- Lubrication: greazing can be made by the rear of the pellet mill, through the main shaft. In this way the machine can be lubricated without stop the motor.
Roller sensor temperature
The temperature probes allow you to control the temperature of the rolls-bearing.
The connector is located behind the pellet press in a position sheltered from the heat and dust.
This system is installed on an articulated arm that enables automatic release of the connector in case it blocks the press and break the safety plug. After replacing the shear pin just hang up when no need to intervene directly on electrical cords.
The characteristics of the probes are the following:
- PT100 IEC751 class B
- Max working temperature 250 ° C
- Block 10x10x50 mm stainless steel probe housing with hole for M6 screw
- Connecting cable 3x0.25 mm ² insulated in Teflon-Teflon reinforced steel rod complete with terminals, length 3.5 m
- Protective sheath of glass fiber with silicone rubber which provides isolation for the temperatures higher than 280 ° C and do not propagate the
Hydraulic push-off device for dies
It is composed by a manual pump and a piston used to facilitate the removal of the die.
The piston is positioned between the rotor and the reinforcing flange so as to push out the die from its seat.
Automatic lubrication system
This system includes a pump for high viscosity grease.
It has a paddle system to break up air bubbles. The system is connected to the press through a rotary distributor applied directly on the mill shaft.
Lubrication is controlled by an electric panel, included in the supply. This panel makes it possible to meter out the amount of grease required. This is done using two timers which enable you to regulate the lubrication and pause times
The group of lubrication has an electric pump with the following specifications:
● Flow rate adjustable from 2.9 to 17 cc / min.
● 0,185 kW motor 400V50Hz
● Reservoir of 10 kg made in mild steel
● Pressure relief valve
● Minimum grease level
● Progressive Dispenser for the distribution of grease on 2 points,
● Inductive sensor PNP for the control of the cycle
● Check valves from 1/8 output
IFM electronic control belts slip
This is an electronic device that shut down the motor whenever the belts slip, thus preventing belts damage.
Device for die’s slow rotation
This device is a great help in changing large size dies.
The manual winch is an alternative to the hydraulic hoist. Upon request, the pellet press can be equipped with a manual winch and special anchoring brackets to facilitate hoisting of the rollers and dies.
Hydraulic hoist for rollers and dies
The easy-to-handle La Meccanica hydraulic carriage is equipped with special hooking devices designed to facilitate movement of the rollers and dies, particularly during installation and removal.
This hoist makes it possible to move the dies within the work area easily and safely.
Lamec Control System LCS 2000 FV
The Lamec Control System LCS FV 2000 is an electrical panel with a Siemens PLC which controls the automatic operation of the pellet mill producing two adjusting loops .
The first loop regulates the flow rate of the screw feeder related to the absorption of the main motor. In particular, the system controls the speed of rotation of the screw and it acts on the frequency converter.
The second ring regulates the flow of steam added in the conditioner according to the temperature conditioning of the meal by opening or closing the motorized steam valve .
The control panel is equipped with a display and a keyboard for data entry work.
The system is particularly simple and does not require specialized personnel.
The system allows to automatically start the press and gradually reach the set value of the absorption of the main motor.
Simultaneously, the motorized steam valve is opened and adjusted so as to allow the placing of the steam up to the conditioning temperature request.
In case of emergency, the system operates on the emergency conveyor door in order to overcome possible overload situations. Simultaneously, the feed flow rate is reduced as well the steam. As soon as the pellet press machine overcomes the risk of overload, the flow rate of the feed screw is gradually increased to reach the predefined motor load.
At the end of the process the device gradually reduces the speed of the feed screw and progressively closes the steam valve down to stop the system.
The system includes:
● Electronic control panel for LCS PV complete with PLC Siemens Series 7
● Level indicator propeller CAM LOGIC
● Detector of turns
● Temperature sensor PT 100
● Probe holder
● Valves for modulating steam control
ON-OFF valve for regulating steam
Our objective is to supply all our customers a pellet press machine that best meets their needs. For this reason, all our models can be customized: the customer can choose the position of the motor,how the hatch has to be opened, the size and volume of the conditioners, the size of the feed screw, colour, etc.