The counterflow pellet cooler
The counterflow cooler represents the solution with the best cost/performance ratio of pellet cooling. It consists of these parts:
maximum level probe
minimum level probe
air for cooling
gride for extractor
control and adjuting for extractor
hot air (to the cyclon)
The hot pellets from the pellet mill enter the cooling bin through the inlet rotary valve. Underneath the inlet rotary valve, a distributor ensures even distribution of pellets in the cooler. The pellets are being cooled in the bin by air flow, which enters the bin through the discharge gate and leaves the bin through the air outlet. Pellets layer height is controlled by a level sensor. The level sensor ensures that the product layer is kept at a predetermined height. As soon as pellets activate the level sensor, the pendulum discharger is operated and pellets are discharged through the hopper. Discharging stops as soon as the product gets below the level sensor. In order to prevent overflow, the cooler is provided with an overflow sensor, which stops product supply to the cooler. Summarizing, the remarkable features of counterflow pellets cooler are the following:
With rotary distributor, the pellets can be cooled evenly in the bin room. Using the pendulum discharger, gentle discharge can be achieved.
Cooling air reverse the pellets and the pellet is cooled from the bottom to top gradually, thus the cooling time is increased. All these will do good to the production of high quality pellets and to extend the time of pellets storage.
With features of large capacity, low energy consumption, low noise and high automation degree, the counter flow pellets cooler is popular in many industrial pellets production plant.
|Takes up little floor space||Cooling is not homogeneous if the product is not well distributed over the entire surface.|
|Requires low volumes of air|
|Good function even at the beginning and end of production|
|Limited initial investment|
|Cheaper compared to vertical and horizontal cooler|
La Meccanica’s counterflow coolers characteristics are:
- Grid discharger, driven by 1.1 kW-21 rpm gear motor with brake and limit switch.
- Discharging speed adjustable through hand wheel.
- Standard grid: 3-10 mm pellets, maximum length 30 mm. Pneumatic clean out included.
- Rotary valve 350 in stainless steel and 0.75 kW-28 rpm gear motor
- Hood and bin walls in stainless steel with mild steel reinforcements and hard glass inspection door with door switch.
- Product distributor: stationary and adjustable.
- Two rotating product sensors with holder for adjustment.
- Hopper with central outlet, 250x250 mm.
- Surface treatment: spray-coated with one layer of coating high build cream RAL 1015.
- Closing of pneumatic discharger when power fails.