La Meccanica’s ribbon mixer series MI
The mixing is performed via two mixing ribbons mounted on a common shaft working in opposing directions.
The speed of rotation is crucial to obtain the best mixing. The horizontal mixers operate optimally at a speed between 30 and 40 rpm.
The mixing time varies from 1 to 5 minutes, depending on the product and the granulometry. For products with an average granulometry of about 500 microns and an apparent specific weight of approx. 0.5 kg / dm3, the mixing time is 4 minutes.
In order to allow the air to spill out, a recycling channel must be provided.
In the case of a spiral rotor, the minimum quantity shall not be less than 70% of the maximum capacity. Excessive filling of the mixer can reduce mixing action.
It is advisable to keep the level of the material to be mixed 5-8 cm below the propeller or palette profile.
La Meccanica’s mixers meet the following specifications:
- Horizontal single shaft with twin ribbon mixer
- Shaft: on heavy-duty, self-aligning roller bearings
- Double ribbon type: on central axe with counterflow mixing action
- Construction steel: mild steel (frame thickness 4mm, front flanges thickness 6 mm
- Discharge system: full width operated by a pneumatic piston (large trough-shaped discharge slide valve electro-pneumatically operated)
- Three cover plates for access and for the addition of additives
- Collection hopper
- Screw conveyor below collection hopper
- Pipe for air recycling
- Residue left in the mixer after discharge less than 0.1%
- Mixing time 3-4 minutes
- Painted with epoxidic colour
- Driven by a geared motor.
The equivalent acoustic pressure level of a mixer is Leq 69 dB (A), while the sound power level is Lw 89 dB (A).